- ½ cup (120 ml) of onions
- 2 cloves (5-10 mg) of pressed garlic
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of roasted red pepper
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of shaved fresh ginger
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1 pound (450 g) of chicken
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of cornstarch
- Chop onions and red pepper then add to a small bowl with pressed garlic. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Combine chicken and cornstarch in sealable container. Toss to cover the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until it is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions, red pepper, ginger and garlic into the skillet. Cook until onions are transparent.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Quickly stir bowl then add contents to the skillet.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and ready-to-serve.
Balsamic Chicken Bites by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.