Sugar cream pie is a single-crust pie filled with a homogeneous mixture similar to caramel. Other names that are common to this desert are Sugar Cream Pie and Butter Tarts. This dessert is delicious when served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1½ cups (350 ml) of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (230 ml) of milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 x 8 inch (20 cm) pie crusts
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a pot mix brown sugar, flour, milk and butter.
- Heat on medium until mixture begins to boil then reduce heat. Cook for an additional five minutes while stirring.
- Once time has elapsed, remove and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly whip the egg then mix with the cooled brown sugar mixture.
- Divide then pour mixture into pie crusts.
- Place in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and mixture is bubbling.