This treat is easy to make and can be prepared the night before. Bake fresh when needed and can be easily doubled without re-adjusting ingredients.
- ½ cup (180 ml) of butter
- ½ cup (180 ml) of shortening
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of salt
- ½ cup (180 ml) of sugar
- ½ cup (180 ml) of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 2½ cups (650 ml) of sifted flour
- Parchment or wax paper
- In a bowl mix melted butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt then mix.
- Add in vanilla then mix.
- Pull out a sheet of wax paper about the length of your ranges width. Lay down the dough onto the paper, stretching it out then roll it into a log.
- Put the log in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Pull dough from refrigerator, cut up into ¼” (5 mm) slices then place on a oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and ready to eat!
Galettes au Frigidaire by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.