- 1 cup (235 ml) of brown sugar
- 1 cup (235 ml) of water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of butter
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) of milk
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (235 ml) of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a pot mix water, brown sugar, and butter then set heat to medium-high. Stir on occasion until syrup comes to a boil.
- Concurrently, mix in a bowl the ingredients for the pudding until you have a smooth consistency. If the pudding mix does not pour, add in a bit of milk.
- Once syrup boils, pour contents of the bowl in slowly. Pudding should float over the syrup base, so spread out to even out the pudding.
- Heat for 15 to 20 minutes in oven until the pudding is well cooked. Poke the pudding with a toothpick to check if ready; when toothpick comes out out clean, pudding is cooked.
Pouding Chômeur by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.