An easy to prepare dish which can be done on short notice. My child refers to this meal as her favourite supper, mind you she has never asked for proper name. A combination of Italian sausage, broccoli and egg noodles it creates a read-to-serve meal which has loads of flavour.
- 14 fluid ounces (410 ml) of Alfredo sauce
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) of milk
- 1 pound (450 g) of uncooked Italian sausage
- 9 ounces (270 g) of chopped broccoli florets
- 8 ounces (225 g) of egg noodles
- 1 cup (235 ml) of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of roasted red peppers
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare egg noodles as per package instructions.
- Oil up a large pan then place over medium heat. Take thawed Italian sausage, slice open casing then pour the contents into the pan. Breakup and fry until cooked, drain then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Alfredo, milk, sausage, broccoli, ½ cup (120 ml) of cheese and roasted red peppers.
- Oil a baking dish, spread contents of bowl evenly inside then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is bubbly and the cheese is lightly browned.