Ham, honey and mustard, can there be a better combination of flavours? This recipe requires very few ingredients and can easily become a family favourite!
- 1 cup (235 ml) of brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) of honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of mustard
- 1 cup (235 ml) of water
- 2 to 4 pounds (900 – 1800 g) of cooked half ham
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Combine first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In shallow roasting pan, add water and ham cut side down.
- Cover exterior of ham in glaze and cover loosely with tin foil.
- Place in the oven and cook until internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C).
- Baste ham with remaining glaze periodically.
- Remove foil roughly 30 minutes prior to ham reaching internal temperature.
- Remove ham from oven and let stand, covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carve up as desired before serving.