- 2 cups (470 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- ⅔ cup of ice-cold water
- 1 cup (235 ml) of tourtiere meat
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) of shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl mix first four ingredients. Knead the dough, adding flour as necessary until dough can be handled.
- On a floured surface, place dough, flatten and cut into 4 inch (10 cm) diameter circles.
- On each piece add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of cheddar and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of tourtiere meat. Fold in half and pinch edges to seal in contents.
- In a well-oiled pan fry on medium until pierogies are golden brown.
- Makes roughly 16 perogies in all. Serve with fried onions, shredded cheese and sour cream.