A quick and easy treat that is sure to please. This recipe features Camembert, garlic, and an onion jam (or similar) to create a ready-made cheese fondue.
This dish can be enjoyed with toasted baguettes, Grissols/Melba toast, bread sticks, and/or crackers. Guests can either scoop the cheese directly, or use a spoon for a more cultured experience!
- 8 ounces (225 g) of Camembert
- 2 cloves (5-10 g) of garlic
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of Herbes de Provence 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of onion jam or sweet red pepper jelly
- (Optional) Place the cheese in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes to harden the cheese prior to cutting.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove the cheese from its packaging. Peel away the top part of the rind while cutting in towards the centre to create a well.
- Using a paring knife, cut into the cheese in a grid pattern; be sure not to pierce the rind.
- Peel then finely mince the garlic cloves. Rub the garlic into the cheese.
- Pour olive oil onto the cheese, then top with herbes.
- Place atop a sheet of tinfoil, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the onion jam or red pepper jelly. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve with toasted baguettes, or ready-made Grissols/Melba toast and enjoy!
Baked Camembert by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.