Other than bacon, this is one of my favourite breakfast side dishes. The ingredients are readily available and can be made up with the rest of the breakfast.
A combination of potatoes, onions, garlic butter and herbs. This recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 pound (450 g) of potatoes
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of garlic butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons (60 to 90 ml) of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of pepper
- Clean potatoes then cut into small ¼ inch (0.6 cm) cubes.
- On a skillet on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Add potatoes, onions, salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir contents on occasion. Add oil as necessary to make sure the contents do not stick.
- When the potato edges are a golden brown, remove from the skillet.
- Place in a bowl, use a paper towel to absorb any remaining oil.