Other than bacon, this is one of my favourite breakfast side dishes. The ingredients are always readily available and can be made up while the rest of the breakfast is ready.
A combination of potatoes, onions, garlic butter and herbs. This recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 pound (450 g) of potatoes
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of garlic butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons (60 to 90 ml) of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of pepper
- Clean potatoes then cut into small ¼ inch (0.6 cm) cubes.
- On a skillet on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Add potatoes, onions, salt and pepper to skillet.
- Stir contents on occasion. Add oil as necessary to make sure contents do not stick.
- When potatoes edges are a golden brown, remove from skillet.
- Place in a bowl, use paper towel to absorb any remaining oil.