Sugar cream pie is a single-crust pie filled with a mixture similar in consistency to caramel. Other names that are common to this desert are Sugar Cream Pie and Butter Tarts. This dessert is delicious when served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1½ cups (350 ml) of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (235 ml) of milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 x 8 inch (20 cm) pie crusts
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a pot mix brown sugar, flour, milk and butter.
- Heat on medium until mixture comes to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir for an additional five minutes then remove from heat. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly whip the egg then mix with the cooled brown sugar mixture.
- Divide then pour mixture into pie crusts.
- Place in the oven for 14 to 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and mixture is bubbling.
French Canadian Sugar Cream Pie by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Leave a Reply