This is one of my favourite side dishes that uses an outdoor grill. The #Corn is wrapped in foil to stay warm while guests eat their meals (or return for seconds). This recipe prepares one, simply repeat for each ear of corn.
- 1 ear of corn (also known as maize)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of pepper
- 1 sheet of aluminium foil approximately 12 x 12 inches (30 x 30 cm)
- Shuck then rinse the corn.
- Cut off a sheet of aluminium foil then place on a cutting board, should be big enough to completely envelop the ear of corn.
- Place corn over aluminium foil for the following steps.
- Using a fork, apply butter directly on the cob, spreading over its entire surface.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the corn. Otherwise substitute salt with an alternative like Mrs. Dash.
- Wrap the corn in aluminium foil. To avoid leaks, be sure to twist the ends prior to folding in. Otherwise there are risks of flare-ups on an outdoor grill.
- Place on a grill set to high-flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the flame to low then rotate corn every 2-3 minutes for about 18 minutes. When ready the corn will audibly sizzle even when removed from the grill.
- Keep wrapped to stay warm. To serve, unwrap and enjoy!
Grilled Corn on the Cob by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Leave a Reply