They say that necessity is the mother of invention. I was going to make waffles and realised there was no sour cream in the house. So, I used vanilla eggnog and cream to create the final product.
The end result? Waffles that are crisp and sweet. They remind me of biting down on a piece of pastry. Well worth a try!
- 1½ cups (360 ml) of sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of baking powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) of eggnog
- 1 cup (235 ml) of cream
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) of vanilla (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of melted butter
- In a small bowl, add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add milk, cream, vanilla and eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined but not smooth.
- Add butter, whisk for a consistent finish. Set aside and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat and oil waffle iron.
- Add the recommended amount of batter to waffle iron, and cook to desired level.
Eggnog Waffles by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.