- 1 cup (235 ml) of water
- 1 cup (235 ml) of maple syrup
- 1 cup (235 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) of milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of melted shortening
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the batter until you have a consistent finish. Batter should be able to slide from a spoon, so you may need to add some milk.
- In a pot pour water and maple syrup. Bring to a boil.
- Drop batter by the spoonful into the sauce. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, ready-to-serve.
Grands-Pères à L’Érable by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.