Ham, honey and mustard, can there be a better combination of flavours? This recipe requires very few ingredients and can easily become a family favourite!
- 1 cup (235 ml) of brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) of honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of mustard
- 1 cup (235 ml) of water
- 2 to 4 pounds (900 – 1800 g) of cooked half ham
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Combine the first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a shallow roasting pan, add water and ham cut side down.
- Cover the exterior of the ham in glaze and cover loosely with tin foil.
- Place in the oven and cook until the internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C). Baste ham with remaining glaze periodically.
- Remove foil roughly 30 minutes prior to ham reaching internal temperature.
- Remove ham from the oven and let stand, covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carve up as desired before serving.
Leave a Reply