There is nothing better than waffles in the morning. Add some whipped cream, fresh fruits, and maple syrup to end up with a family favourite.
- 1½ cups (360 ml) of sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of baking powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) of milk
- 1 cup (235 ml) of sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) of vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of melted butter
- In a small bowl, add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add milk, sour cream, vanilla and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined but not smooth.
- Add butter, whisk for a consistent finish. Set aside and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat and oil waffle iron.
- Add the recommended amount of batter to waffle iron, and cook to desired level.