Even Things That Go Bump in the Night Need a Place to Unwind
I have completed my thirteenth review of the Grand. This review resulted in a 15% decrease in corrections when compared to the twelfth cycle. Journey Through the River of Belief had the most substantial drop of 50%, while Old Soul increased by the same amount. Overall, there were 77 corrections which averages 5 changes per chapter.
About half the chapters saw a drop in changes during this cycle. Of note Penny Dreadful averaged of 4,292 words between corrections. Here is a summary for this cycle:
- There was a 15% drop in corrections when compared to revision twelve;
- 77 modifications for the entire work;
- 5 modifications per chapter;
- Journey Through the River of Belief had the most substantial drop at 50%;
- Old Soul increased by 50%; and
- Penny Dreadful averaged 4,292 words between corrections.
These revision took far less time than revisions prior to seven and for the following reasons:
- It takes far less time to run through the material;
- There are far fewer errors to find with an average of 1,209 words between corrections. This improves on the 819 words per change seen in revision twelve and is the first above a thousand; and
- Changes implemented are minor in scope.
I expect to keep pushing through these revisions until the total amount of corrections drop well below 50 for the manuscript. So as it stands, I expect there is one revision left.
Leave a Reply