- 1½ cups (350 ml) of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (230 ml) of milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 x 8 inch (20 cm) pie crusts
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a pot mix brown sugar, flour, milk and butter.
- Heat on medium until mixture begins to boil then reduce heat. Cook for an additional five minutes while stirring.
- Once time has elapsed, remove and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly whip the egg then mix with the cooled brown sugar mixture.
- Divide then pour mixture into pie crusts.
- Place in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and mixture is bubbling.