Even Things That Go Bump in the Night Need a Place to Unwind
I have completed my eighth review of the Grand. This review marked a 27% drop in corrections when compared to revision seven. Into the Fire had the most substantial drop of 71%, while changes to The Cheshire Cats Grin increased by 333%. Overall, there were 207 corrections and gives us an average of 17 changes per chapter.
About 20% of the chapters saw a drop in changes during this cycle. The Cheshire Cats Grin saw the greatest increase, in stark contrast to the last revision where it saw the greatest decrease.
Here is a summary of the cycle:
- Overall a 27% drop in modifications when compared to revision seven;
- 207 modifications for the entire work. The first time revisions are under three digits;
- 17 modifications per chapter;
- Into the Fire had the most substantial drop at 71%; and
- The Cheshire Cats Grin had a 333% increase in changes.
Like last couple of revisions, this revision took far less time than previous revisions and for the same reasons:
- It takes far less time to run through the material;
- There are far fewer errors to find with an average of 371 words between corrections. This improves on the 307 words per change seen in revision seven; and
- Changes implemented are minor in scope.
I expect to keep pushing through these revisions until the total amount of corrections drop well below 25 for the manuscript. If these trends hold, I expect there are 2-3 revisions left.
Leave a Reply