Even Things That Go Bump in the Night Need a Place to Unwind
I have completed my seventh review of the Grand. This review marked a 34% drop in corrections compared to revision five. The Cheshire Cats Grin had the most substantial drop of 73%, while Siamese Dreams doubled in changes. Overall there were 283 corrections and gives us an average of 17 changes per chapter.
For the most part this cycle saw a drop for all chapters, except for Siamese Dreams. As expected, this breaks the trend established in revision six.
Here is a summary of the cycle:
- Overall a 34% drop in modifications when compared to revision six;
- 283 modifications for the entire work. The first time revisions are under three digits;
- 17 modifications per chapter;
- The Cheshire Cats Grin had the most substantial drop at 73%; and
- Siamese Dreams had a 100% increase in changes.
Like revision six, this revision has taken far less time than previous revisions and for the same reasons:
- It takes far less time to run through the material;
- There are far fewer errors to find with an average of 304 words between corrections. This improves on the 172 words per change seen in revision six; and
- Changes implemented are minor in scope.
I expect to keep pushing through these revisions until the total amount of corrections drop well below 25 for the manuscript. If these trends hold, I expect there are at 3-4 revisions left.