A shrimp marinade made with a homemade Italian vinaigrette. Ingredients are readily available, easy to assemble and the flavour will blow you away!
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil
- 1 clove (5-10 g) of garlic (pressed)
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of herbes de Provence
- 1 pound (450 g) of shelled shrimp
- In a resealable bag, place all ingredients and shake until you have a consistent mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours (preferably overnight) to marinate the shrimp.
- Soak the skewers in water for an hour to prevent burning while over the grill.
- Arrange the shrimp on skewers, set aside some of the vinaigrette.
- Grill over a barbecue and baste occasionally with vinaigrette. Meat is ready once it has a consistent pink colouring.
- Pull from the grill, ready to serve.