- ⅓ cup (80 g) and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of lemon pepper
- 1 pound (450 g) of chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of butter
- 2 cloves (5-10 mg) of garlic pressed
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (5 ml) of capers
- In a resealable bag mix ⅓ cup (80 ml) of flour, salt, pepper and lemon pepper.
- Cut chicken breasts in half, place one piece at a time into a bag, shake to cover.
- In an oiled medium pan on medium heat. Cook chicken on all sides until the meat is no longer pink in the centre. Set aside, keep warm using tin foil.
- Scrap up brown bits from the pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add oil and butter. Melt butter on medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of flour and stir until you have a consistent mix.
- Add chicken broth, brown bits, lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Continue heating and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add in capers and wait until heated through.
- Serve chicken covered with sauce. Makes roughly four portions.
Chicken Piccata by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Leave a Reply