Italian sausage, broccoli, mixed with a homemade pesto. This recipe can be further enhanced by making your own pasta to go along with it. This is a dish that keeps well, tastes great, and is ready-to-serve!
- 12 ounces (360 ml) of linguine
- 1 pound (450 g) of linked Italian sausage
- ½ cup (120 ml) of packed basil leaves or ¼ cup (60 ml) of dry basil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of walnut pieces
- 2 cloves (5-10 g) of pressed garlic
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) of olive oil
- 2 cups (480 ml) of cooked broccoli florets
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Grill sausage, preferably on an outdoor grill, until cooked. When done, slice into ¼ inch (0.6 cm) pieces, and set aside.
- Toast the walnut pieces in the oven until they brown.
- Combine basil, walnuts, garlic, Parmesan, and olive oil in a food processor. Blend for a consistent finish.
- Combine pasta, sausage, broccoli and pesto into a large bowl. Ready to serve.
Italian Sausage, Broccoli and Pesto by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Leave a Reply