For an additional burst of flavour, add in 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of Balsamic vinegar.
- 1 package (40 g) of onion soup mix
- 2 cloves of garlic (5-10 g) pressed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 chicken cut into pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Oil up a 12×9 inch casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large resealable bag combine soup mix, garlic and olive oil.
- Toss in pieces individually, shake bag and coat pieces. Place coated pieces on the casserole dish.
- Roast chicken in the oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Occasionally baste the chicken with remaining mix and/or juices collecting on the dish.
- Remove from the oven, place on a plate. Ready-to-serve.
Roast Chicken au Jus by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.