A quick and easy way to make roast chicken and requires very few ingredients. Simply use onion soup mix, garlic and olive oil, coat your chicken and place it in the oven. Simple and tasty!
For an additional burst of flavour, add in 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of Balsamic vinegar.
- 1 package (40 g) of onion soup mix
- 2 cloves of garlic (5-10 g) pressed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 chicken cut into pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Oil up a 12×9 inch casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large resealable bag combine soup mix, garlic and olive oil.
- Toss in pieces individually, shake bag and coat pieces. Place coated pieces on the casserole dish.
- Roast chicken in the oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Occasionally baste the chicken with remaining mix and/or juices collecting on the dish.
- Remove from the oven, place on a plate. Ready-to-serve.
Roast Chicken au Jus by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.