I was out at a cabin when one of my guests brought in some scallops. Since I had some mushrooms, onions and garlic, I combined the ingredients to create this dish. This recipe is quick and easy to make and requires only one pan. Necessity really is the mother of invention!
- 10 fluid ounces (295 ml) of canned mushrooms (drained)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of butter
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.75 ml) of pepper
- 1 small onion, approximately 1.5 ounces (45 g) finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic (5-10 g) pressed
- 9 ounces (250 g) of scallops
- Place a medium-sized pan on medium heat then melt butter.
- Add mushrooms, cumin and pepper. Sauté mushrooms until they brown lightly.
- Add in onions and garlic, continue to sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add scallops and sauté until they are cooked throughout.
- Remove from heat and ready-to-serve.
Sautéed Mushrooms and Scallops by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Leave a Reply