An interesting dish that includes a spinach and blue cheese mix, which is rolled into a turkey breast. It is then roasted, and served to make up one tasty main course!
- 1 pound (540 g) of boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 5 ounces (150 g) of thawed chopped spinach (drained)
- 1 ounce (30 g) of creamy blue cheese
- 1 ounce (30 g) of cream cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves (5-10 mg) of pressed garlic
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of Basil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Paprika
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse and pat dry turkey breast. Fillet the hump of the breast to flatten.
- Place breast between two sheets of wax paper, and pound breast with the flat side of a mallet until meat is about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- In a small bowl, combine spinach, blue cheese, cream cheese, onions, garlic, mustard, basil, and oregano. Mix well.
- Coat breast with the spinach mix. Roll and tie together using butcher string.
- Coat outside in olive oil, then spread paprika, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Add water to the roasting pan, place atop a grill and place in the oven.
- Roast in the oven for about 60 to 90 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink in the middle.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into slices and serve.
Spinach and Blue Cheese Turkey Roll by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Leave a Reply