Even Things That Go Bump in the Night Need a Place to Unwind
I have completed my eleventh review of the Grand. This review resulted in a 13% decrease in corrections when compared to the tenth cycle. One Small Step had the most substantial drop of 40%, while Journey Through the River of Belief had a 29% increase. Overall, there were 151 corrections and gives us an average of 9 changes per chapter.
About 56% of the chapters saw a drop in changes during this cycle. Penny Dreadful is the first chapter to have an average of 1,073 words between corrections.
Here is a summary of the cycle:
- There was a 13% drop in corrections when compared to revision ten;
- 151 modifications for the entire work;
- 9 modifications per chapter;
- One Small Step had the most substantial drop at 40%; and
- Journey Through the River of Belief had a 29% increase in changes.
These revision took far less time than revisions prior to seven and for the following reasons:
- It takes far less time to run through the material;
- There are far fewer errors to find with an average of 520 words between corrections. This improves on the 432 words per change seen in revision nine; and
- Changes implemented are minor in scope.
I expect to keep pushing through these revisions until the total amount of corrections drop well below 25 for the manuscript. Since there was no change from the previous revision, I expect there are 1 to 3 revisions left.
Leave a Reply