Even Things That Go Bump in the Night Need a Place to Unwind
I have completed my sixth review of the Grand. This review marked a 53% drop in corrections compared to revision five. The Virgin Goddess of the Hunt had the most substantial drop of 69%, while Ethereal Nights had least at 24%.Overall there were 431 corrections that gives us an average of 26 changes per chapter. Overall this cycle saw a drop in changes for every chapter, although I do not expect this to be a trend.
Here is a summary of the cycle:
- Overall a 53% drop in modifications when compared to revision five;
- 431 modifications for the entire work. The first time revisions are under three digits;
- 26 modifications per chapter;
- The Virgin Goddess of the Hunt had the most substantial drop at 69%; and
- Ethereal Nights had a 24% drop in changes.
The revision cycle has been greatly accelerated. Here are some of the reasons why:
- It takes far less time to run through the material;
- There are far fewer errors to find with an average of 172 words between corrections; and
- Changes implemented are minor in scope.
I expect to keep pushing through these revisions until the total amount of corrections drop well below 25 for the manuscript. If my current trends hold, I expect there are at 4-5 revisions left.
Leave a Reply