Even Things That Go Bump in the Night Need a Place to Unwind
I have completed my twelfth review of the Grand. This review resulted in a 40% decrease in corrections when compared to the eleventh cycle. Siamese Dreams had the most substantial drop of 64%, while Penny Dreadful had a 25% increase. Overall, there were 91 corrections which averages 6 changes per chapter.
About 94% of the chapters saw a drop in changes during this cycle. This is the first cycle where the amount of changes are less than one per percent and the Mad Hatter’s Mirror averaged of 1,423 words between corrections.
Here is a summary for this cycle:
- There was a 40% drop in corrections when compared to revision eleven;
- 91 modifications for the entire work, the first time changes are less than one per percent;
- 6 modifications per chapter;
- Siamese Dreams had the most substantial drop at 64%;
- Penny Dreadful increased by 25%; and
- The Mad Hatter’s Mirror averaged 1,423 words between corrections.
These revision took far less time than revisions prior to seven and for the following reasons:
- It takes far less time to run through the material;
- There are far fewer errors to find with an average of 819 words between corrections. This improves on the 520 words per change seen in revision eleven; and
- Changes implemented are minor in scope.
I expect to keep pushing through these revisions until the total amount of corrections drop well below 50 for the manuscript. Since there was no change from the previous revision, I expect there are 2 revisions left.