A straight-forward recipe that combines noodles, chicken, mushrooms, cream, sherry, and red peppers to create a ready-to-serve dish. This cream based dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 6 ounces (180 g) of egg noodles
- 1 pound (450 g) of chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 10 fluid ounces (285 ml) of canned sliced mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of cumin
- 2 cloves (5-10 mg) of garlic pressed (Optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) of chicken broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of dry sherry
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of fine chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Italian seasoning
- ½ cup (120 ml) of grated Parmesan (Optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Grill and spice chicken according to preference. Cut into cubes, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan (1.4 quarts or 1.3 litres) over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cumin then sauté until browned.
- (Optional) Add garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Stir in flour; whisk until smooth.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Blend in cream and sherry. Allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add red pepper, chicken, and Italian seasoning. Allow peppers to warm up.
- In a large bowl, mix pasta with sauce. Ready-to-serve.
- (Optional) Sprinkle with Parmesan for a burst of flavour.
Chicken Tetrazzini with Roasted Red Peppers by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Leave a Reply