A tasty way to prepare chicken by marinating the meat in onions, garlic, beef broth and balsamic vinegar. This dish is typically grilled, cut into tender bite-sized pieces of chicken. This is certainly a family favourite!
Chicken and marinade can be prepared ahead of time and frozen. I use this when going out to a cabin for the week, permitting me to quickly get a meal going with minimal effort.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves (5-10 mg) of garlic pressed
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) of powdered beef broth
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) of water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound (450 g) of chicken breasts
- In a freezer bag, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Use a straw to take out any excess air then seal the bag.
- Place in the fridge for at least three (3) hours or overnight. Mix the contents of the bag occasionally.
- Grill chicken until meat is cooked throughout. Baste with marinade occasionally to enhance flavour.
- Cut up chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Ready to serve.
French Onion Marinade by Evelyn Chartres is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.