A quiche for breakfast? Yes! This crustless quiche recipe combines three cheeses, sautéed mushrooms, and spinach to create a flavourful breakfast favourite! While this recipe bakes to perfection, add some bacon, toast, and cretons to make things interesting!
- 5 ounces (150 ml) of chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1 can (285 ml) of canned sliced mushrooms (drained)
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of ground cumin
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of onions
- 2 cloves (5-10 g) of crushed garlic
- 2 ounces (55 g) of crumbled feta
- 1 cup (235 ml) of milk
- 4 large eggs or equivalent in egg whites
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- ½ cup (120 ml) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- On a greased 9 inch (22 cm) pie tin spread the spinach then set aside.
- Using a medium pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cumin. Sauté until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan. Continue to sauté until the onions are transparent.
- Remove from heat, drain of any remaining oil. Line pan tin with contents.
- Crumble feta cheese over spinach and mushroom mix.
- In a small bowl, mix: milk, eggs, Parmesan cheese and seasoning.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into the pie tin. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown.