Sweet red pepper jelly is a recipe that combines a sweet jelly with a hint of heat, to enhance the flavour. Goes well with a cheese, such as with a baked Camembert, or a bagel topped with cream cheese and jelly. Delicious!
- 1 cup (235 ml) of red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 6 cloves (15-30 g) of roasted garlic
- 1 cup (235 ml) of apple cider vinegar (divided)
- 3 cups (710 ml) of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of crushed chile flakes
- 3 fluid ounce (85 ml) pouch of liquid pectin
- Using a blender or food processor, purée peppers, garlic, and ½ cup (120 ml) of vinegar until smooth.
- Open pouch of pectin and keep within arms reach of the stove.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except for the pectin. Bring to a boil on high heat, stir frequently using a whisk.
- At high heat, let boil for 10 minutes while stirring constantly. At this stage, foam will expand considerably, be careful not to have it overflow.
- Pour in pectin, continue to stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and skim off any remaining foam.
- Pour into containers, and allow to cool. Refrigerate once cool.