This dish leverages earlier recipes, and swaps out the vegetable layer for my spaghetti sauce. Overall, this is a great way to switch up leftovers and it will leave a smile on your face!
This recipe feeds 4 to 6 people.
- 8 to 12 of Lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (500 ml) of spaghetti and meat sauce (see recipe)
- 16 ounces (450 g) of Ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of bread crumbs
- ½ cup (120 mg) of roasted red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1-2 pepperette sticks (50 g) (cut into thin slices)
- 1 cup (235 ml) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse before setting aside.
- In a large bowl ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, egg whites, breadcrumbs and red pepper. Mix until you have a consistent finish. Set aside.
- In a greased stoneware casserole dish, layer three noodles at the bottom. Make sure they overlap slightly. Cover with half of the cheese layer.
- Layers three noodles to run perpendicular to those placed earlier. Cover with half of the sauce layer.
- Repeat the previous two steps to make up the remaining layers.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese place pepperette slices atop the cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into appropriately sized slices. Ready-to-serve.