For an added kick, add some grated cheddar cheese before the top layer of crust is added. Stuff crust tourtière?
- 1½ pounds (680 g) of ground pork
- 1 pound of (450 g) of ground beef
- 4 cups (940 ml) of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter
- 2 cloves garlic (5-10 g) pressed
- ½ cup (125 ml) of diced onions
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Using a 3 quart (2.8 litre) saucepan pour in chicken broth followed by ground meat.
- Heat on medium-high and stir occasionally until cooked.
- Remove from heat, drain then set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Sauté onions and garlic until onions are transparent.
- Mix onions and garlic with the ground meat. Halve the meat mixture then fill two 9 inch (23 cm) pie crusts. Cover with crust, cut some slits so vapours can escape.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes before cutting into slices and serving.