This recipe combines pasta, cheese, mushrooms and a soup base to create a tasty dish which is ready-to-serve within an hour.
- 2 cups (470 ml) of elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of garlic butter
- 10 fluid ounces (295 ml) of canned mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) of ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.625 ml) of ground pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of chopped pimentos
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) of mayonnaise
- 10 fluid ounces (295 ml) of condensed mushroom soup
- 1 cup (235 ml) and ¼ cup (60 ml) of grated velveeta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook macaroni according to packaging instructions, rinse then drain.
- Over medium heat melt butter and garlic in a pan then add mushrooms, cumin and pepper. Sauté until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add onions and pimentos, sauté for 1-2 minutes until the onions are transparent.
- Drain pan of excess butter, then place in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, ¼ cup (60 ml) of cheese, milk and condensed soup. Mix until you have a consistent finish.
- Add macaroni, mix then pour into a 1.5 litre stoneware baker. Cover with remaining cheese then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Makes approximately four portions.