This recipe can be made from either fresh or canned ingredients. I keep the ingredients on hand in case I need to make a meal on short notice.
- 6 ounces (170 g) of flaked crab meat
- 5 ounces (140 g) of chopped spinach
- 2 ounces (55 g) of finely chopped onions
- 3 ounces (85 g) of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large egg whites
- 12 fluid ounces (350 ml) of evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) of herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon (2.5. ml) of salt
- 1 x 9 inch (22 cm) deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven at 300°F (150°C).
- Line bottom of pie crust with crabmeat.
- Reserve 1 ounce (30 g) of cheese for later. Mix spinach, onions, and cheese then line over crabmeat.
- Blend egg whites, milk and seasoning. Pour over the pie, allow to settle.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.